Thursday, November 29, 2007

Opalite reinker technique


I used the Opalite reinker technique to make this magnet. I think it looks a bit like dichroic glass. Start with black Bazzill cs (or any other TEXTURED cs). Randomly drip a few drops of one color of Opalite reinker and "squeegee" it around (you can get an official papercrafting squeegee or use an old credit card). Drip a 2nd color & then a third, squeegeeing between each. Make sure you leave a bit of the black showing. I used Crystal Blush, Orchid Ice & Nordic Ice. After it is completely dry, cut a piece to fit on a Bazzill Chip ( I used the 2x2). Also tear a few small pieces and glue them on top (I like to tear away from me to leave the black edge showing on my torn piece). Attach the square of colored cs to the chip ( I used my Xyron). Color the edges of the chip with a black sharpie marker to give the magnet a finished look at the end. Use a Versamark pad directly on the front of the colored cs & while tacky, coat with clear UTEE. Heat set the UTEE & while warm sprinkle a pinch of prisma glitter over the top. Use the Versamark pad again and coat with a 2nd layer of clear UTEE. Heat set & while it is still liquidy, sprinkle some seed beads on. Versamark & UTEE to coat with a 3rd layer to seal the piece. Attach a piece of magnet sheet to the back (I get the business card size ones and trim them to fit)

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

What a fun project! I love the look of it!